Prep Time: 10-15 min.
Cooking Time: 28 min.
Number of Servings: 2-3
2 cups of chopped ripe tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup vegetable broth
Pepper and salt as needed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 basil leaves, as a garnish
- Take your 3-Quart Instant Pot; open the top lid. Plug it and turn it on.
- Press “SAUTÉ” setting and the pot will start heating up.
- In the cooking pot area, add the oil, carrot, and onions. Cook until starts
becoming translucent and softened for 6-7 minutes. Stir in between.
- Toss in the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add in the tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, sugar, pepper and salt; stir
- Close the top lid and seal its valve.
- Press “MANUAL” setting. Adjust cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Allow the recipe to cook for the set cooking time.
- After the set cooking time ends, press “CANCEL” and then press “NPR
(Natural Pressure Release)”.
- Instant Pot will slowly and naturally release the pressure.
- Open the top lid, add the cooked recipe mix in serving plates.
- Pour in the cream, and puree the mix in a blender.
- Garnish with torn basil leaves and cheese. Serve warm.
Nutritional Values (Per Serving):
Calories – 323
Fat – 27.5g
Carbohydrates – 12g
Fiber – 2g
Protein – 14g