Prep Time: 8-10 min.
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Number of Servings: 2-3
1 garlic clove, crushed or minced
1 small red onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
Lime wedges for serving
1/2 small red cabbage, chopped
A pinch of pepper and salt
1/2 pound chicken pieces
1/3 pineapple, peeled and make medium size cubes
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 sprigs onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns
1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste
Juice from 1/3 lime
- Take your 3-Quart Instant Pot; open the top lid. Plug it and turn it on.
- In the cooking pot area, add the carrot, red onion, chicken, salt, pepper,
cabbage, garlic, peppercorns. Using a spatula, stir the ingredients.
- Close the top lid and seal its valve.
- Press “SOUP” setting. Adjust cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Allow the recipe to cook for the set cooking time.
- After the set cooking time ends, press “CANCEL” and then press “QPR
(Quick Pressure Release)”.
- Instant Pot will quickly release the pressure.
- Open the top lid, take out the meat and shred it.
- Add back to the mix and combine.
- In а bowl, mix 1 tablespoon soup with tamarind paste, stir and
pour into the pot mix.
- Mix the cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, pineapple and lime juice;
stir the mix.
- Press “SAUTÉ” setting and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Ladle into bowls, top with the sprigs onion on top and serve
with lime wedges on the side.
Nutritional Values (Per Serving):
Calories – 427
Fat – 17g
Carbohydrates – 46.5g
Fiber – 18g
Protein – 11g